I just modified amma's adai recipe and tried this one replacing rice with varagu and thinai, it came out so good even tastier than our usual adai...no one can actually find the difference that you have made adai with millets.This is another recipe that you can easily include millets in your diet, very healthy. I love to have it with coconut chutney and sugar, even jaggery goes well.
Millet Adai Recipe
Recipe Category: Snack | Recipe Cuisine: Indian
Varagu - 1/2 cup
Thinai - 1/2 cup
Toor dal - 1/4 cup
Chana dal - 1/4 cup
Moong dal - 1 tbsp
Urad dal -1 tbsp
Red chillies - 4
Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp(optional)
Small Onion - 1/4 cup chopped finely
Curry Leaves - few torn into pieces
Coriander Leaves - 1 tbsp finely chopped
Salt - to taste
- Take all the ingredients listed under 'to soak' in a mixing bowl, soak it in water till immersing level.Soak for atleast 3-4 hrs.Drain water and set aside.
- Take red chillies and fennel seeds in a mixer, add little of mixed millet mixture and grind it to a coarse mixture.
- Now add remaining dals and grind it a semi coarse mixture.Add little water and Mix well.Add chopped onion, coriander leaves and required salt.The batter should be slightly runny in between idli and dosa batter consistency.
- Heat the dosa pan,grease with little oil, pour a laddle full of batter and spread it evenly a bit thick.Drizzle oil over the sides and let it cook, flip over other side and cook till golden brown and crisp at the edges.
- Serve hot with any chutney of your choice.
- Published In: HEALTHY RECIPES
- Created Date: 2013-03-09
- Hits: 621
- Comment: 0